*Disclaimer*

With NinetyforChill.com evolving into more than the rough draft blog for my primary blog, MainEventoftheDead.com needs a new place to test out the formatting of recent blogs. "Main Event of the Dead" is my screenplay about pro-wrestling and zombies. I have a movie website, so may as well have a wrestling site.

Thursday, January 5, 2023

New Year's Day: Easy U2 Reference, Difficult Championship Declarations

 *This blog post was started on January 5, 2023.

Right now I am trying to get caught up on the wrestling scene. I am still a bit ashamed that I missed AAW Wrestling's year end show. It is tough acknowledging that I am getting older, and of course today I realize year 43 is less than two months away. This leaves me to ponder if I am going to have the strength to handle all the events I am taking time off for.

This month is Joe's on Weed St's Trivia Tournament of Champions. Next month is B-Fest. The line up has not been issued. AAW in running back in their base building in Berwyn after B-Fest closes. That will be a challenge to sneak into the venue like the good old days. After the raffle at B-Fest, the features were very much skippable, so I might be able to swing it.

But, what if ThePoeticCritic wants to come along? When will I get to be the indie mark that I fancy myself as?

I guess I need to get into better shape to be able to manage this frantic life. The lease does not run up till May, so moving to the Windy City is not the ideal shortcut. If I got up there, everything would be nearby. With that, the drives home will not be that depressing. There is no time to sulk about my loneliness.

It feels like a pipedream, but if a friend who I never met in person can get people like myself to help with spur of the moment moving expenses, maybe there is hope. And there is always cashing out my retirement. I am in retail and not retail management. What is retirement?

So, that is where my head is at. Aside from seeing my current funds dissipate this week to pay them bills, there is no real pressure on me. I suppose I should just appreciate that. Perhaps I can resolve to write something every week beyond my blogs to promote "NinetyForChill: The #Podcast". It would be considered more appropriate than eating something Buffalo flavored daily or partaking in Snoop Dogg's philosophy (Smoke Weed Everyday). Then again, quit being so judgmental. If I will not let a god tell me how fucked I am, why am I doing that?

The Current Disgruntled's Real Champions of Professional Wrestling (As of January 3, 2023):

Let me be upfront. I am writing this as the preshow of Wrestle Kingdom 17 is playing in my peripheral. That is my biggest getting old moment of the past two weeks. Skipping a trip to Chicago for wrestling due to a hangover, that could be considered a fiscally wise move. Failing to watch WK17 because of the joy of sleep sounds kind of pathetic to me. Again, quit being such a harsh judge.

Please believe me, I made my best effort to watch it live. My workday for January 4 would start at 7:30 am. The January 3 agenda was to leave work, make dinner, smoke a bowl, and go to sleep. I was in bed at 6 pm. If I would have slept uninterrupted to wake up at 1 am, that would be seven hours of quality sleep. Too bad I woke up at 10 pm.

Another bowl was partaken, and I probably went back to sleep around 11:30 pm. I guess I was still stoned by 1:00, so bed sounded better than Omega vs. Ospreay. WrestleTalk said otherwise.

We are just getting through the match rundown for WK17. Honestly, kind of a lesser all around card than usual. Or, it only being one night limited the opportunities to be on the main card. Did we need the Keiji Mutoh match on the primary card? Jushin Thunder Liger was limited to the preshow. Give me LIJ challenging The House of Torture for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship.

I love the sheer amount of championships in New Japan Pro-Wrestling. This means to be on the Tokyo Dome show, you have to be of championship caliber. If UFC can have 12 championships (excluding interim belt holders), why complain about eight in AEW (14 if you include ROH)?

Pinterest @mydarthprince
Pinterest @MyDarthPrince

The 102nd Unified Disgruntled's Real Men's World Champion:
IWGP World Heavyweight Champion: Switchblade Jay White

(His reign began on December 10, 2022, awarded it from ROH World Champion Chris Jericho.)

By this point, Jay White had defended his championship since June of 2022. He is a full-time pro wrestler unlike WWE's top guy, so I think he deserves more credit. This also ends the most recent DRCW Interim Championship Reign. There have been three Disgruntled's Real Men's World Championship changes since he was declared the Interim Champion. His consistency should be further rewarded.

The 50th Disgruntled's Real Women's World Champion:
WWE Raw Women's Champion: Bianca Belair

(Her reign began on September 4, 2022, awarded it from AEW World Champion Thunder Rosa.)

Fortunately for me, AEW retroactively declaring Toni Storm to be a lineal champion means I did not need to come up with my first Interim Women's Championship. Unfortunately for AEW, their champion was stripped, so no one beat Thunder Rosa to win the Disgruntled's Real Women's World Championship.

Bianca Belair is the best athlete and has had the biggest women's matches on the grandest stages. The Smackdown Women's Championship has been handed over numerous times since Belair won her championship.

The 48th Modern Poser Champion:
WWE Unified Universal Champion: Roman Reigns

(His second reign began on August 30, 2020, winning it from Bray Wyatt.)

He is a part-timer who is not competing against the best competition. This is the unironic definition of sports entertainer.

The 151st Disgruntled's Real Tag Team World ChampionsWWE Unified Tag Team Champions: Jimmy & Jey Uso

(Their reign second reign began on October 23, 2022, awarded it from AEW World Champions The Lucha Bros.)

I am frustrated that they are currently the longest reigning tag team champions in WWE history. With that said, if they can have a two year reign like Roman Reigns, the synergy in the Bloodline would be appreciated.

The 165th Unified Gnarly Men's Doubles World ChampionsGHC Tag Team Champions: Taka Sugiura (2) and Satoshi Kojima

(Their reign began on December 9, 2022, awarded it from Impact World Champions Heath and Rhyno.)

The combination of NJPW stalwart Kojima and former GHC Tag Champion Sugiura sounds like a Frankenteam. They won the titles from Hideki Suzuki and "WWE 2K22" featured wrestler Timothy Thatcher. At this point in the evening, I did see that Yoshi-Hashi and Hirooki Goto have won the IWGP Tag Team Championships. With how factions operate in NJPW, I would consider them a Doubles Team instead of a Tag Team.

The 159th OCHO: The Real Secondary Champion
(Intercontinental, United States, National, North American, X Division, Television, TNT):
ROH Television Champion: Samoa Joe

(His third reign began on April 25, 2022. Awarded it from AEW TNT Champion Scorpio Sky).

Fortunately for Joe, he won this title before winning the TNT Championship from Wardlow. He may have recently lost the TNT Championship, but that belt is not currently THE OCHO. In other words, sorry Darby Allin...and perhaps Kenny Omega. I am still at Keiji Mutoh's final NJPW match when it comes to WK17.

I could comeback to this blog when WK17 concludes, but I am a fan of being tacky. Gaijins do not win the main event in the Egg Dome, so I presume Kazuchika Okada wins the IWGP World title from Jay White. This blog went on and on about my lack of energy. Do I have it to figure out the Disgruntled Real World Champion?

Not before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment