*Disclaimer*

With NinetyforChill.com evolving into more than the rough draft blog for my primary blog, MainEventoftheDead.com needs a new place to test out the formatting of recent blogs. "Main Event of the Dead" is my screenplay about pro-wrestling and zombies. I have a movie website, so may as well have a wrestling site.

Friday, July 9, 2021

"Vicky Christina Barcelona": Just One More Flick Before I Reassess Woody Allen

"Vicky Christina Barcelona": Just One More Flick Before I Reassess Woody Allen

*Blog post was started on July 9, 2021.

And I should say maybe two after the trailer for Ewan McGregor's collaboration with the auteur was shown before this DVD's feature began. "Trainspotting" is my favorite movie. How much resistance do you expect from me?

...

The nickname that my best friend (who is lacking fur) bestowed to me explains how people see me. Harshside screams impersonal. People do not seem to like to hear things as they are without an immediate chance to argue them. They especially dislike the people the people who deliver such messages. It is so much easier for 75 million America to cheer on the guy who loudly and simply tells them to blame the messenger. If only there were more elegant harsh people.

In other words, this country really needs to start focusing on the arts. I know it is Un-American to take a page out of the Old World's playbook, but lets get to the point where we are not encouraging the subpar with sports aspirations are not at the top level come high school. If there is one of the undisputed wrong things my parents did, it was allowing me to keep playing baseball when my arms were designed for softball. It is pretty much known that the lessons gained through speech and acting courses can help you more in the real world than being one with aspirations of bringing football home.

And this would help the professional wrestling business. Those who still like to keep their bodies in peak form (and appreciate a bit of the ultra-violence) will have a robust skill set.

But more importantly, we would have more creators and artists (like the fictional ones in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"). This means we will have more people to learn from. That means we will not have to "reluctantly" watch features written and directed by Woody Allen as inspiration for brilliant dialogue and characters that the creators seems to know oh so well.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)

Check out the rest of review at "Ninety For Chill: A More Acceptable Runtimes

5 Reasons I'm Still Taking Style Lessons From Vicky Cristina Barcelona
5 Reasons I'm Still Taking Style Lessons From Vicky Cristina Barcelona

No comments:

Post a Comment