*Disclaimer*

With NinetyforChill.com evolving into more than the rough draft blog for my primary blog, MainEventoftheDead.com needs a new place to test out the formatting of recent blogs. "Main Event of the Dead" is my screenplay about pro-wrestling and zombies. I have a movie website, so may as well have a wrestling site.

Thursday, September 23, 2021

You Again: The Characters Are Not the Only Ones Who Are Bitter

 

*The first draft of this review was written in 2010.

You Again: The Characters Are Not the Only Ones Who Are Bitter

As a 30 year-old when "You Again" was released, I could not help but find it tough to stomach movies about weddings. Let it be known that it is not a chick flick thing because "The Hangover" is a feature that I am a detractor of.

It may have just been an age thing for me since the mad cap comedies like "Wedding Crashers" and "American Wedding", two features whose release dates sandwiched the loss of my virginity, were enjoyable. Early/mid twenties, society was not expecting anything of me in terms of settling down.

If we ignore Morton, Illinois's expectations of its children, this Kristin Bell feature is a bit of screwball nonsense. The difference from the two predecessors in the focus on a women's perspectives. Features from the aughts were based around mature themes. "Bridesmaids" is still a year away, so we were not overly accepting of girls behaving badly yet. Thus, "You Again" did not offer anything to draw me in. Its PG-rating did not help.

This was a flick Mom wanted company to view, and I do not turn down free popcorn. I am not saying that is wise because most things still have a price to pay.

Read the rest of this blog and other stories at Main Event of the Dead.com and determine if this thought process can be translated into a B-movie comedy about pro-wrestling 

No comments:

Post a Comment