*Disclaimer*

With NinetyforChill.com evolving into more than the rough draft blog for my primary blog, MainEventoftheDead.com needs a new place to test out the formatting of recent blogs. "Main Event of the Dead" is my screenplay about pro-wrestling and zombies. I have a movie website, so may as well have a wrestling site.

Monday, June 22, 2020

Chris Benoit and Fear and Loathing Between 8 to 11 p.m.

*Originally posted at maineventofthedead.com on March 20, 2015.

I think this blog's title is pretty clever based on when it's being written. Clever enough that it may get some people checking it out when I hashtag RAW it on Monday. But I still need to deliver a take on wrestling to avoid disappointing those who clicked on a link to a blog that is more self-deprecating than a Colt Cabana podcast.

Can we induct Chris Benoit if we inducted him as Chris Benoit-Balls? I think that shows the WWE's shame in him while the fans of the best wrestling and those who were inspired as performers at least get the solace that he is not forgotten. And we can all agree he was a douche the last weekend of his life because I do not think we would attach balls to anyone who was not that.

Or can we differentiate the wrestler and reportedly good man for 39 years and some change from the monster he ended up becoming. Chris Benoit goes in the hall of fame. Chris Benoit-Balls gets placed in all the articles written about the man's final hours. It's kind of like Flash vs. Reverse Flash.

Personally, I think Benoit-Balls should refer to anything after the purchase of WCW in 2001, when Vince could have gone PG to begin with and limit the number of concussions that drove Benoit...Balls mad.

I think if you do not eventually accept Benoit...Balls into the hall of fame, your ignoring what maybe the reason why the product has been on the decline. It became a kids' product instead of a wrestling promotion because it was becoming too dangerous to be about action and left out faux Italians with socks to be exploited. Of course Vince McMahon is well known for expecting fans to ignore the obvious. That is why the NFL and WWE share the same doctors who downplay the existence of CTE, let alone correctly diagnose a concussion. Can we really buy the end to Owens vs. Zayn since it depends on us believing Dr. Chris Amman can recognize brain trauma?

So for the time being, I guess I will ignore any way of putting money into the Vince's pockets. The hours have come out for next week, and fate has helped insure that there is no way the McMahon clan will get $9.99 from me or probably my pal from two blogs ago who texted me on Monday begging me to get Mania.

Eva says, "Why think outside the box when you can dominate it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment