*Disclaimer*

With NinetyforChill.com evolving into more than the rough draft blog for my primary blog, MainEventoftheDead.com needs a new place to test out the formatting of recent blogs. "Main Event of the Dead" is my screenplay about pro-wrestling and zombies. I have a movie website, so may as well have a wrestling site.

Thursday, June 18, 2020

The Current Disgruntled's Real World Championships & Trademark Inspiration

*Blog post started on June 16, 2020.

And why is Styx not in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame? Having too much time on my hands have lead me to my next big opinion piece. To go for that lame joke shows that they are timeless. Can Chicago ever get too much love?



Aside from being someone who at least has a grasp on the creative elements of pro-wrestling, I also consider myself a gentleman and a minor league feminist (I am at least at the Triple-A level. Perhaps Korean Baseball Organization League or even Nippon Professional Baseball. Not being able to truly know the experience of womanhood will keep me out of the majors.). Thus, it is only appropriate to officially cover women's pro-wrestling first.

Truthfully, the Disgruntled's Real World Championships had been determined for men's tag team and men's heavyweight wrestling. But getting to determine ladies pro-wrestling's best has allowed me a new outlet for my creativity. Or at least a new mean to express/promote it.

...five minutes later...

I guess trying to own DCW is out of the question. My curiosity wants me to research when Delaware Championship Wrestling became Dynamite Championship Wrestling, but that really does not matter. If I can gather enough coin, there are plenty of other names do use. Disgruntled Pro came to mind, but the acronym it already has leaves that one out. It probably is not wise to theme the name around those who have a chip on their shoulder anyhow.

DRCW (An error in registering the blog address makes it Disgruntled's Real Championship Wrestling) could be used as a sanctioning body if promoting is my way back to the ring. With that said, lets get to sanctioning.

The Current (89th) Disgruntled's Real World Heavyweight Championship:

AEW World Champion: Jon Moxley (February 29, 2020 to at least July 1, 2020)

Explanation of how we got there can be found at this link. The previous champion was Chris Jericho.

The Current (146th) Disgruntled's Real World Men's Tag Team Championship:

AEW World Tag Team Champions: Kenny Omega and Adam "Hangman" Page (February 27, 2020 to at least July 1, 2020)

The WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship suffered through the COVID-19 pandemic. The Miz and Morrison ending the Real World Champions The New Day's reign in Saudi Arabia may deserve some recognition, but the title was eventually defended and lost by the usurpers in triple-threat matches of a singles nature. Cannot have tag team champions who do not win it as a team.

The Rules Behind Ours (Mine) Real World Championship:

There are many world champions in professional wrestling, but I believe we can agree that there is always one above the rest in the field. But to be THE person, THE person has got to be beaten (I may need to reviews the list in the event of triple-threat matches.). The current champions can still be debated, but because the lineage of this title involves a review of history, those who came before them cannot. This allows us title histories that exclude vacancies and serves as a direction of what true wrestling fans should be catching up on, hence only the best wrestling should be remembered in these title histories.


The Current Disgruntled's Real Women's World Champion: ???

It is not fair me to immediately declare one without going back to Starrcade 1983, effectively the first pay-per-view. Based solely on the current champions (Raw, Smackdown, AEW), Smackdown Women's Champion Bayley is the longest reigning champion, but that was after hot potato-ing the belt with Charlotte Flair who did not hold the title for one week. Riho had just won the AEW World Women's Championship, but that title has no history. Smackdown's championship was definitely secondary to the Raw Women's Championship that Becky Lynch won at WrestleMania 35 which she vacated on May 11, 2020.

By this point, I would say that the champion is AEW Women's World Champion Hikaru Shida. The booking is not as interesting as WWE, but the competition in AEW seems more believable (and more inclusive thanks to Nyla Rose). If you give me some time, I am sure I will give you a definitive answer on should be called the Real Women's World Champion.

Who knows? Maybe I am currently sleeping on Shimmer and Stardom.

Pinterest Kva Shi - www.pinterest.com/KVASHI1967

No comments:

Post a Comment