*Disclaimer*

With NinetyforChill.com evolving into more than the rough draft blog for my primary blog, MainEventoftheDead.com needs a new place to test out the formatting of recent blogs. "Main Event of the Dead" is my screenplay about pro-wrestling and zombies. I have a movie website, so may as well have a wrestling site.

Friday, February 19, 2021

Imagine We Still Had VHS: "Cat Planet Cuties" and the Curse of Too Much Physical Media

 

Imagine We Still Had VHS: "Cat Planet Cuties" and the Curse of Too Much Physical Media

*Blog post started on February 19, 2021.

Trying to optimize my Twitter feeds (@maineventzombie, @catbusruss, @russthebus) yesterday has put me a day behind in terms of writing. What is the point of staying up late for content if it is not fresh in your mind the next day? There is a chance that the thoughts that ruined your original intentions bleed over into the next day. When you are obsessive compulsive like me, if one thing is optimized, all must be optimized.

...

Ironically, anime rarely has those kind of expansive extras to warrant a physical copy. But does "Cat Planet Cuties" need that when I could grab it for $10 bucks? I could not pass up something catcentric at that price. It is still a gamble because it is an anime. This is an anime with an American title that implies loads of fan service.

Fan service is best kept as an implication like the promises at the end of episodes of "Evangelion" or "Blue Seed". As a series, I have seen that backfire so many times like "Agent AIKa" and "Knights of Ramune".


Check out the rest of this critique at AnimeRuss.blogspot.com - For those curious about anime but hate the geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment