*Disclaimer*

With NinetyforChill.com evolving into more than the rough draft blog for my primary blog, MainEventoftheDead.com needs a new place to test out the formatting of recent blogs. "Main Event of the Dead" is my screenplay about pro-wrestling and zombies. I have a movie website, so may as well have a wrestling site.

Monday, February 1, 2021

More Champions = More Interest and Less To Mess Up

FMK: Wrestle Kingdom 15, @Marty Scurll, The OCHO: The NEW Real Secondary Championship

*Blog post was started on January 25, 2021.

I am starting to ponder what will happen when the lobby is finally reopened at the bank. This may as well be a critique of The AV Club and The Ringer. If they could come up with more content, I may not have to come up with blog ideas solely to kill time on the first day back from the weekend.

Of course as I write that, with the bank technically closed (at least the lobby would be which would mean there aside from deposits and withdraws, save your queries for 8:30 am or lunch), everyone pulling up to the drive thru asking about stimulus checks and checking on the status of accounts that were to be opened and depositing into them regardless. To hell with instant karma. Please accept my apologies Bill Simmons.

*Blog restarted on January 28, 2021.

It looks like the previous rant may have just been a case of the Mondays. And it could be stated that I may have just been more productive with myself. Writing out tweets to post through out the week can be very time consuming.

If only I had a reason for all the B-movie posters images I send with some of the reviews. There really is not any use for them outside of those reviews. The right panel on my all blogs have enough odd imagery to serve as decoration. They do beat selling ad space.

Ad space is for NinetyForChill.com - The Podcast. With a need for guests on that podcast, you would not even need to pay a fee for your upcoming plugs and event. Just send me a theme and keep the movies we are going to talk about to under 100 minutes. My email is russthebus07@gmail.com.

Read more: https://html.com/media/#ixzz6jIeBsAn5


I may just not have the same energy. The podcast production can take a toll on me. Trying to nail down guests kind of makes everything a mad dash to make my Tuesday deadline. If only I was confident enough to believe the 10's of listeners come solely for my flat monotone and dry personality, the need to find the appropriate sound bites and trailers would be unnecessary.

If I am frustrated about anything, it is the sense that nothing is going on. We have a respectable president right now and another week till the impeachment trial starts. There is not much to get worked up about, and because of that, a need to focus on my screens be it 6.06" to 43" is lacking. Without podcast needs to meet, is it worth staying up late for?

And of course wrestling is in that holding pattern to. Nothing Earth shattering will be happening out of New York until after Sunday's Royal Rumble. It is great to have Xfinity once the WWE Network migration occurs. If you get Xfinity's cable TV, you get Peacock Premium. Just wish I did not have to pay for $9.99 January and February.

When it comes to streaming services, I do not know how much longer I will have NBCU's service. "The Office" has never intrigued me and with the exception of Championship Sunday, they never show enough Newcastle United. Once my TV package comes up in May, I have my means of getting all I need via streaming. The likelihood of WWE keeping my interest past April 11 is not good.

What will keep my interest...aside from NXT-style matches and booking on Mondays and Fridays? I do not know. They could take the New Japan route and introduce more championships. Wrestle Kingdom 13 had nothing but championship matches with the exception of one. You had to be a top contender or a champion to be on the show of shows. Does that not add gravitas to the event?

More championships would be good for the next WWE 2K simulation game, if we ever receive one again.

One of my favorite things about the game is downloading all of the fan created championships. Downloading wrestlers is fun until you see an updated version or need to pay for the DLC to be allowed to download them. Title belts are usually one and done deals. The biggest challenge is tracking down the side plates they tried before they found the ideal ones for a performer. Did you know Natalya and Jinder Mahal had the plates replaced in their title reigns? Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan, and Bray Wyatt seem to get different ones each reign.

Being a wrestler who was coming up in the business during the National Wrestling Alliance licensing its names to indie promotions (NWA No Limits, NWA Midwest, IWA-Midsouth, NWA-Missouri...or so Shane Somers claimed), I found it fun to find out who is the best in a territory, and to see if they got the custom belt made, or just repurposed a WWE replica. The WWE 2K series allowed us to see the classic belts of the territories. This made me want to optimize the game the best I could solely to create territorial shows (Dozer City Wrestling was my interpretation of Peoria).

If only I had an abundance of friends. This if would allow me to easily come up with weekly podcasts and when we are gaming against each other like it was 1992 to 1994 ("Street Fighter 2" to "Mortal Kombat 2") people would make choices just to spite the games owner. You cannot justify Smoke being the Pacific Northwest Champion.

Regional titles sound like a good idea to me when WWE gets back on the road. I for one think every TV show needs a title defense. Maybe if each region had a champion (at worst, there would be 52 of them based on how many loops there can be in a year), the fans would become invested in the champion. You could have a belt collector gimmick. If anything, it gives you a dark match main event.

52 titles maybe a bit much, but why not bring back some of these unique belts.

 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/04/b8/dd/04b8dd3489d67a66f1dfe3eb85fea4e9.jpg?epik=dj0yJnU9bUxmdl91SHBINnNxQk9MMGptY1ZQQU5xYVFpLWlBZE8mcD0wJm49RTBBRU9zOVpwMFlJQVBoS2JzZnpIZyZ0PUFBQUFBR0FZZC1z
Pinterest
 

The European Championship:

Will it draw out Walter from overseas? I doubt it, but you can at least poke the bear.

If you recall the runs of D'Lo Brown who claimed to be residing in Warsaw, Poland by way of Chicago or Al Snow representing a different country with each defense, this title would offer some fun creativity each week and probably amuse the company's dad.

The Heritage Championship:

The meaning of the word does not really matter when you look at promotions that feature it. In AAW, Danny Daniels did not like to have to cut to cruiserweight, so he just renamed the promotions Cruiserweight Championship to the Heritage Championship after he won it. I never had the nerve to ask my trainer how much of that was shoot and how much kayfabe.

Since Heritage seems to represent a prestigious pass, this title could be competed for by your great workers as a tribute to the Bret Harts, Curt Hennigs, and Shawn Michaels. As an example, Chad Gable could win it and solely focus on it. Vince can keep ignoring him because he knows the fans will want him to hold this title.

The Internet Championship:

I know Ultimate Pro Wrestling had established an Internet Championship before Matt Cardona came up with his. Since the promotion has shows solely dedicated to their over-the-top network, why not give them a reason to be invested in glorified dark matches.

Why is there not a "King of the Dark Match" Championship Tony Khan?

If Peacock/WWE Network is not internet enough for New York, just call it the NBCU Championship. It is about time WWE started copying AEW.

Why not a TV Championship:

Vince McMahon had always hated the concept. To introduce time limits to bouts indicates AEW is doing something right. I also think promotions like NWA, ECW, TNA, and ROH established the titles just to prove that they were on TV. If we were not a big deal, how come we have a title for our TV show.

That was how it worked with CB Kane's Thunder Wrestling Federation. New Jack was totally warranted in stabbing their performers. Sorry, for feeling the promotion needs to be punished for those hours I lost in Brunswick, GA.

*Blog concluded on February 1, 2021.

It is kind of disappointing that we cannot bring back the Hardcore/Brass Knuckles concepts.

We must keep in mind, the reason I am saying we should bring back/create new championships is because it takes away the need for creating drama like the Jeff Hardy relapse angle and all of that cucking. Better storylines means you do not need extra championships. That is why I am not asking Tony Khan to bring us new belts (except King of the Dark Match and to let John Silver wear the BTE Championship on TV).

After the Royal Rumble 2021 concluded, a former worker who cannot be that much older than I said he did not like Edge winning the Royal Rumble. I responded with the following:

I am now in the over 40 club and I say, fuck yeah Edge. Not since Flair did anyone his age had to go over 50 minutes.

If you can't book new talent, then book to give us a good show. 

I guess in the end, I say give us more championships. Just because they have had success booking a guy for 10 years, it does not mean they can replicate it. The Greatest Wrestling Match did not impress me, and did book Edge into a torn triceps. Here is to hoping Roman Reigns is accurate with that golf cart as he was last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment