*Disclaimer*

With NinetyforChill.com evolving into more than the rough draft blog for my primary blog, MainEventoftheDead.com needs a new place to test out the formatting of recent blogs. "Main Event of the Dead" is my screenplay about pro-wrestling and zombies. I have a movie website, so may as well have a wrestling site.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

It Is Not the WWE Universe. It Is the WWE Black Hole.

The thought came to mind that it may have been better to call WWE a pit and go on a "Game of Thrones'" "The Ladder" tribute, but with the current main event picture, there's no figurative ladder to base it on.

So I have (had) a friend who insist that I will watch WrestleMania 31. My manager has just been informed of my availability the week of March 29, so the gauntlet has been thrown down.

Did Vince just want to out do the NFL when in comes to dropping name...portions? I did not want to say name dropping, but since Mr. Stewart dropped the surname Leibowitz, the pun is unavoidable. My suggestion is that with Super Bowl 50 dropping the Roman numerals for the simple Arabic version (how soon till they're renamed "Freedom Numbers"), the McMahons decided that they don't even need numbers to be the bigger event. They feel they can do it with unhappy fans and main event talent, so why would they need numbers?

I am amazed I was able to actually make that tangent mean something. It indicates the lack of attention the WWE constantly shows which will probably result in their subscriptions never topping one million. This is not a statement that should indicate they will not gain new consumers for this product, but their arrogance will keep turning fans like myself off, so they have hit their ceiling.

Unless it is the new babysitter (if I interpreted my friend, who has a son named Christian Blade's usage usage). A babysitter with the voice of Brian Pillman. How many adults actually set parental controls on their Xbox?

If you think I am being ridiculous at all, I am not being very good at it. If this was a display of ridiculousness, it would probably hurt the interest in my pro-wrestling zombie-comedy "Main Event of the Dead." So let me insist that you request a treatment of the screenplay by e-mailing russthebus07@gmail.com for proof of that my ridiculous capabilities are worthy of some promotion (promotional suggestions would be greatly appreciated).

It may also discredit the nature of my series of "No Holds Barred" at the Rip 'Em System Tublr. When are the "Wrestling Compadres," going to do their NHB-themed episode that they promised? With the crap that is going down in the five-week build for Mania, surely that is more interesting (we know they'll drop the ball at least one Monday [Wiz Khalifa]).

Netflix is a product that offers something for all 300-million citizens of this country, and they only have 10 million subscribers. If anything, I should credit the McMahons that they have one million subscribers when their audience is only a 100th of the other over-the-top services. Still, the Network is further evidence of the family's arrogance. All it really is a claim of "FIRSTIES!"

But what I claim to be arrogance may be a failure to understand how economics determine quality. I am hoping this is my friend's stance for being a member of the WWE Universe. He has a BS in Econ. Let the following recollection of his attempt to inform me that I cannot resist the gravitational pull of the Universe.

I think it's not a universe, but a black hole.

"You really cancelled?" my friend.

"Yeah. Can't support a lousy product that refuses to try and retain the dissatisfied."

"I think you've received more than enough to be satisfied with the year of service."

"I was only paying $7.99 for their video library (WWE Classics of Demand). I paid for the Royal Rumble, and they didn't give me a free month for dealing with it."

"I liked the Rumble."

He must have selectively remembered his support for my shouts for the guy with the Colt Big Head to assault Reigns as he walked to the ring.

And why did they give away a free month to new customers as they told me I could get out of my commitment after that month?"

"But it's the best wrestling product."

"No, it's the most accessible. Real fans will travel."

"You've never invited me to."

"Yes, I have. The last time I went to Chicago."

It may have been a good thing he did not come along, I would not want to imagine his sobriety by the time Ethan Page versus DJ Z went down to say found it.

"I'm not going to Chicago."

"Well Chicago gives me the bootleg tapes so that I can do without the Network. And Hulu gets all of NXT. What can WWE offer to beat "William Regal in World of Sport' or "Hogan in Japan?"

"Just accept the product."

"What was the best picture of 2014?"

(expecting "Guardians of the Galaxy" or "The Winter Soldier").

"I don't know...'Birdman'."

I feared that my argument that he mistakes accessibility with quality would be shot down (Despite "Guardians" was awesome [How can a movie with a crew of only Han Solos not be?]).

"And it was because..."

"But Howard Stern says it sucked?"

So quality may not be equated to accessibility, but solely based on what's been established.

"Does Howard have any film criticism credentials? I at least have been directed by instructors to write."

"But he's smart."

"I don't question that, but..."

"Well, I gotta go, but you know my birthday is coming up, and you know what my girlfriend says she'll get me...so you won't be able to resist Mania."

"We'll see."

And I will hope his girlfriend thinks he's worth more than $9.99. And if that's the only cash gift, I do not need to know any other tributes of gratitude that she may provide him.


Cancel Culture and The Disgruntled's Women's Real World Championship Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment